FTBMI Summer internship
Title: THCP Office Assistant Intern
Reports To: Kimia Fatehi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Duration: Part Time, 8 Weeks (160 hours total)
Time: June 26, 2017 – August 18, 2017
As an extension of the Tribal Historic and Cultural Preservation Department, the intern position will let the assistant gain expertise of tribal cultural resources management, cultural resources laws, consultation, and how to enrich the partnerships with our clients.
Description: The Office Assistant Intern will perform a variety of tasks depending on project deadlines in the Fernandeño Tataviam Tribal Administration office. Tasks can range from clerical work such as filing, logging and organizing, coordinating events and meetings, and maintaining relations with the public.
- Must sign confidentiality agreement
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of the Fernandeño Tataviam tribe.
- Must be dependable
- Must present a professional appearance and a friendly manner
- Must be punctual
- Be courteous and personable when dealing with the public
- Be self-directed, willing to take initiative, and detail-oriented
- Computer skills are desired, but not necessary
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answering phones
- Data entry
- Organization of files & paperwork
- Coordination of events & meetings
- Finding & recording historical documents
- Other assigned duties
- Work for and gain knowledge of a California Indian tribe in Los Angeles County
- Letter of Recommendation
- Gain office skills
- Gain Cultural Resources Management expertise
- Gain work experience
Submit a 1) resume and 2) letter of interest to email@example.com by June 23, 2017.