If you meet the requirements and wish to apply, please e-mail email@example.com for a job application.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: July 31, 2019 at 5:00 pm
Hourly: $15 – $17
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains workflow of Tribal Administration Office;
- Coordinates meetings and manages calendar of the Tribal President and other calendars as assigned by the Tribal President and Chief of Staff;
- Follows up on the progress of assigned tasks, meetings, and deadlines of the Executive Office of the Tribal President, as directed by the Chief of Staff;
- Provides general administrative and clerical support, performs data entry, and maintains supplies inventory, as needed;
- Answers and directs general inquiries to the Tribal Administration Office in a friendly manner;
- Maintains and prepares documents of the Executive Office of the Tribal President, as needed;
- Develops and maintains the document management system of the Executive Office of the Tribal President;
- Manage, organize, and supervise citizenship files, citizenship applications, and associated paperwork/files;
- Review genealogical charts and records;
- Supervise and manage citizenship database;
- Conduct informational meetings with prospective citizenship applicants;
- Filing, photocopying, faxing, e-mailing, and entering data, answering telephone and in-person inquiries pertaining to citizenship;
- Plan, coordinate, and carry out all of the day-to-day administrative support and clerical activities which are required to accomplish the work of the office of Tribal Citizenship; and
- Other duties, as directed by the Tribal President and/or Chief of Staff.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Experience working in Tribal communities
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 3 years or more of clerical experience
- Must be professional and punctual
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a team player and be able to work independently
- Proficient using Word, Excel and email applications
- Great organizational skills
- Great attention to detail
- Great clerical, bookkeeping, and data entry skills
- Knowledge of Fernandeño Tataviam and/or Californian Indian history and tribal governance or past employment with a Native American Indian Tribe or tribal entity
Confidentiality: This position develops, maintains, and is responsible for safeguarding electronic and hardcopy files containing sensitive and proprietary information about the Tribe, tribal departments and tribal citizens. The Administrative Assistant must maintain confidentiality of all work product or files pertaining to the Fernandeño Tataviam Tribe, tribal departments, citizens and all other material that may identify individuals by name (either directly or by reference), as set forth by the Tribe. Any violation in this matter may result in immediate termination of employment.
Benefits: Competitive benefits packages offered contingent upon exempt/non-exempt status.
Drug Testing Policy: The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:This position is classified as a sedentary environment. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Tataviam and Native American Indian Preference: Preference for employment shall be given to Fernandeño Tataviam people and qualified Native American Indian applicants, in accordance with tribal law.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.