The Graphic Designer (GD) job description includes the entire process of defining requirements, visualizing and creating graphics including illustrations, logos, layouts and photos. You’ll be the one to shape the visual aspects of websites, books, product packaging, exhibitions and more. Your graphics should capture the attention of those who see them and communicate the right message. For this, you need to have a creative flair and a strong ability to translate requirements into design. If you can communicate well and work methodically as part of a team, we’d like to meet you.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: until the position is filled.
Salary: $36,000 – $42,000 per year
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Study design briefs and determine requirements
- Schedule projects and define budget constraints
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using software or by hand
- Use the appropriate colors and layouts for each graphic
- Work with management and departments to produce final design
- Test graphics across various media
- Amend designs after feedback
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Create and oversee the development of a range of branded materials, including: Emails, Digital Banners, Workbooks, Presentations, Festival Materials, Ads, Print Pieces, and Packaging Materials.
- Maintain & manage our website with the most up to date and trendy content in our industry
- Develop graphics for product illustrations, social media, and websites & etc
- Collaborate with Departments to build all collateral, concepts, graphics and layouts for print presentations and other projects.
- Point of contact for media requests,
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong initiative & follow-through
- Excellent communication & organizational skills
- Proven graphic designing experience
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Familiarity with WordPress
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field is a plus
- Ability to Multi-task and Meet Deadlines on Multiple Projects Simultaneously
- Relevant: 4 years (Required)
- Graphic Design: 3 years (Required)
- Photoshop: 4 years (Required)
- Social Media Graphic Design: 2 years (Required)
- Cultural Competency of American Indian cultures and perspectives
- Community understanding and experience working with the American Indian community, specifically in Los Angeles County
Confidentiality: This position develops, maintains, and is responsible for safeguarding electronic and hardcopy files containing sensitive and proprietary information about the Tribe, tribal departments and tribal citizens. The GD must maintain the confidentiality of all work products or files pertaining to the Fernandeño Tataviam Tribe, tribal departments, citizens and all other material that may identify individuals by name (either directly or by reference), as set forth by the Tribe. Any violation in this matter may result in immediate termination of employment.
Benefits: Competitive benefits packages offered contingent upon exempt status.
Drug Testing Policy: The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements: This position is classified as a sedentary environment. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Benefits: Comprehensive medical, dental, and paid holidays.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.